It is said that honey and saffron are like a match made in heaven. Both are powerful health enhancing natural products that and together they offer a unique blend of health-giving nutrients and taste. High quality organic honey blended with pure saffron threads creates amazingly flavorful and healthy “Saffron Honey“. Saffron Honey combines the health benefits of both saffron and honey. It is enjoyable to be consumed while nourishing body with various essential nutrients & vitamins; therefore effective to reduce inflammation, improve blood circulation, calm nervousness, etc. Saffron Honey can be consumed on its own, adding to tea or just mix it with water.
What is saffron?
Saffron is a highly valued spice and one of the most expensive culinary ingredients in the world. It’s from the Crocus family and the word crocus means thread in Greek, referring to the appearance of its stamens. Saffron originates from the Arabic word, Zafaran.
What is Saffron Honey benefits?
The other side, Honey is rich in vitamins, proteins, and minerals and is combined with saffron that has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and is also a stimulant, expectorant, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac and stomachic. It offers a unique blend of taste and nutrition. The organic saffron honey helps replace the amount of sugar in your diet which aids in weight loss and is helpful for diabetics. It is infused with rare high potency and has a delicate flavor, aroma and color.
- Reduces appetite and stops over-eating.
- Burns fat and boosts metabolism to help lose weight.
- Removes acne and skin blemishes. Good for both dry skin and oily skin.
- Reduces wrinkles due to ageing skin.
- It protects cells from damaging effects of free radicals.
- Improves brain chemistry. Balances mood and enhances memory.
- Aids digestive system and liver function.
- Strengthen immune system and decreases formation of malignant cells.
- Potassium found in saffron helps to maintain blood pressure and reduces risk of heart diseases.
How to make saffron Honey at Home?
- 1/2 cup mild honey (anything, from acacia, sunflower to clover or tupelo)
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads.
1 teaspoon contains 3 mg of saffron.
Stir them in a glass jar with screw top. Close the jar and let it stay for at least 5 days before consumption. Enjoy the homemade honey saffron on a slice of buttered whole-grain bread for breakfast or drizzled over a bowl of Greek yogurt with a few toasted walnuts. It’s amazing! Or spoon some into a bowl of warm breakfast oats and wait for the vibrant strands to release their orange hues.
Beyond its obvious health value, saffron honey is really tasty. You can enjoy it on a slice of buttered bread or drizzled over a bowl of greek yogurt with some walnuts, or a bowl of breakfast cereals.
Due to its high antioxidant properties, it is advised not to use metal spoon and water temperature higher than 60 °C to prevent oxidation